Please submit all application materials by January 15 in order to guarantee a decision by March 10.
If, after January 15, you are still interested in applying to Fenn, we welcome your application for any remaining spaces, and will work to reach a decision as quickly as possible.
Apply to Fenn: Grade 4
1) SCHEDULE A TOUR & INTERVIEW
A campus tour is the first step in your application process. Tours last approximately one hour and allow for you and your son to see Fenn on a typical school day.
Interviews for students generally occur following tours, and last for approximately 20 minutes. Interviews consist of general conversation and a brief writing sample, and are simply an opportunity for us to get to know your son further.
During your son's interview, you will have the opportunity to discuss any questions they may have with a member of our Admissions team.
Tours are offered on weekday mornings by appointment only. To schedule your tour and interview, please contact Marilyn Schmalenberger, Admissions Assistant, by email or at 978-318-3606.
2) FILE AN ONLINE APPLICATION
- If this is your first time contacting Fenn, please fill out an online inquiry form HERE, after which we will send you a link to our online admissions portal as well as a username.
- If you already have a username and password, you can access our portal by choosing How to Apply > Online Application Portal from the menu above.
3) REQUEST TEACHER EVALUATION & TRANSCRIPT
Fenn requests that all applicants for grade 4 submit:
- An Association of Independent Schools of New England (AISNE) evaluation form completed by your son's homeroom teacher.
- A transcript with three previous years' of teacher comments from your son's current (and/or previous) school(s).
Both the teacher evaluation form as well as the transcript request form are available by logging into Fenn's online application portal.
4) SCHEDULE AND SUBMIT TESTING
All students applying to Fenn for grade 4 should register for the Primary - Grade 4 level Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). Learn more about what to expect on the ISEE.
To schedule your son’s ISEE, please contact Marilyn Schmalenberger, Admissions Assistant, to receive an invitation code to Fenn's on-campus test dates.
Note that there is a $120 registration fee for the ISEE exam. Please contact Tory Hayes to request a waiver if this fee would in any way inhibit you from applying to Fenn.
Additionally, if your son has taken a WISC (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children) or other educational or neuropsychological testing, it is helpful to submit this information with other application materials, as these tests can provide our Admissions team with valuable information about your child’s learning style.
5) SUBMIT A PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION
We would like to get to know your son as well as possible! Please ask a coach, music instructor, or other trusted adult in your son’s life to write a brief personal recommendation.
Personal recommendations can be mailed or emailed directly to the Admissions Office.
6) EXPLORE YOUR FINANCIAL OPTIONS
Over 20% of Fenn families participate in our Financial Aid program, and every year we issue need-based awards that cover between 3%-100% of the cost of tuition.
We would welcome the opportunity to have a conversation about how to make Fenn an affordable option for your family. Read more about our Tuition Assistance/Financial Aid program here.