Applying to Fenn:
1) SCHEDULE A TOUR & INTERVIEW (more info)
A campus tour is the first step in your application process. It takes about an hour and allows you and your son to see Fenn on a typical school day. Tours are offered by appointment only on weekday mornings. It is not necessary to have completed an application prior to touring.
Interviews for students generally occur following the campus tour, and last about 30 minutes. We use interviews simply as an opportunity to get to know your son further, and consist of general conversation and a brief writing sample. While your son is in his interview, parents will have the opportunity to discuss any questions they may have with a member of our Admissions team.
To schedule your tour and interview, please contact Marilyn Schmalenberger by email or at 978-318-3606.
2) FILE AN ONLINE APPLICATION (more info)
Fenn's online application is available here. There is an $80 fee to apply to the Fenn School. If this fee represents a hardship for your family, please contact Tory Hayes '02, Interim Director of Admission & Financial Aid, for assistance, as a limited number of fee waivers are available.
3) REQUEST TEACHER EVALUATIONS & TRANSCRIPT (more info)
Fenn requests that all applicants submit:
- English Teacher Evaluation Form - Please submit one. Teachers may scan and email their forms directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, or applicants should provide a stamped envelope addressed to: Fenn School Admissions, 516 Monument St., Concord MA 01742.
- Math Teacher Evaluation Form - Please submit one. Teachers may scan and email their forms directly to email@example.com, or applicants should provide a stamped envelope addressed to: Fenn School Admissions, 516 Monument St., Concord MA 01742.
- School Administrator Evaluation Form - Please submit one. Administrators may scan and email their forms directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, or applicants should provide a stamped envelope addressed to: Fenn School Admissions, 516 Monument St., Concord MA 01742.
- Transcript from Current School - Please download and sign the Transcript Release to provide to your son’s current school registrar or principal.
4) SCHEDULE ADMISSIONS TESTING (more info)
All students applying to Fenn should register for the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). The ISEE is an admission test that has multiple levels:
- Lower Level - Candidates for admission to grades 5 and 6
- Middle Level - Candidates for admission to grades 7 and 8
There is a $120 registration fee for the test. Please contact Tory Hayes to request a waiver if paying this fee would prohibit your son from applying to the Fenn School.
To schedule your son’s ISEE:
- Email Marilyn Schmalenberger to receive an invitation code to one of Fenn's closed-site test dates.
- Visit www.iseetest.org to register; Fenn’s school code is 222610.
- Learn more about what to expect on the ISEE.
While the ISEE is preferred, Fenn will accept the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) for students applying to grades 6 and above. Fenn’s code is 3136 and more information about can be found at SSAT.org.
Additionally, if your son has taken a WISC (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children) or other educational or neuropsychological testing, it's helpful to submit this information with other application materials as these tests provide a wealth of valuable information about your child’s learning style.
5) PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION (more info)
We would like to get to know your son as well as possible, so please ask a family friend, coach, or other trusted adult in your son’s life to write a brief personal recommendation. Personal recommendations should be emailed or mailed directly to the Admissions Office.